V3 Timing/clock issue
Just got a new V3 dash cam last week and no matter what settings I make as soon as I turn on the car the clock changes by 5 hours.
- I have checked and verified that Day light saving setting is off not that it would be an issue since the change is 5+ hours.
-. I have checked and verified that the set time zone is off, and it still changes the clock.
- I have checked and verified that I have set the set time zone to my current time zone and it still changes the clock by 5+ hours.
So can some one please advise where is the Rexing V3 getting it timing/clock. (WIFI/GPS/atomic clock? WTF is going on.
Thank you for your feedback, we noticed this issue and our R&D department are working on fix this.0
Having this same problem on the V1P Pro. Am able to fix it manually or by connecting to the app but doesn't stay fixed. Firmware update didn't solve either.0
Eric thanks for the update, hope the folks over in the R&D department come up with a solution soon.
I have also noticed that if you turn on and off the vehicle multiple times within a very short time frame the V3 seems to hang up and freeze. The dash cam comes on but the image is frozen its very evident since not even the clock is is working/counting down and the recording indicator (red flashing light) is not showing up.
Rexing V3 - (Request # 1998 dtd 11/09/12019)
Eric the following is some additional info concerning my ongoing problems/issues with the Rexing V3 dash cam.
- Timing/clocking remains a major issue when the V3 is working, no matter how many times I have attempted to correct or adjust the time on the unit, as soon as I place it in the vehicle and turn the key in the ignition the clock jumps 5 hours ahead of current local time.
- I have corrected/adjusted the clock with the SET TIME ZONE feature off and on and have the same results of the clock setting itself 5 hours ahead of current local time as soon as the key is turn in the ignition.
- I have checked and verified that the DAY LIGHT SAVINGS feature is off but I end up with the same results of the clock being 5 hours ahead of local time.
- Auto start and recording: The V3 is in my wife's car so I normally do not use her car. However today we went out and experienced the following. Aside from the clock/timing being incorrect the V3 started up normally the first time when we left home and was recording. 20 mins later we stopped for fuel (10 min stop) and from that moment onward the rest of the day with multiple stops the unit never recorded again. My wife had commented on this issue.
- The V3 worked the first time we started the car while leaving our house.
- 20 mins later we stopped for gas, got ready to leave, the unit powers up, does its initialization and the image is frozen; not even the clock is counting down nor is the red record indicator flashing.
- Over the next six hours of our trip with multiple stops at different locations we had the same exact results as described above.
- Just FYI :
- I have had the unit less than a week.
- It has the most current firmware according to the Rexing website M3AA00.660.307.190718.01
- SD card being used is the one recommended by the Amazon site where I bought the V3: ScaDisk Class 10 high endurance Card 128gb
I am more than willing to work with all concerned in correcting this issue and troubleshooting the unit. But it is imperative that this unit works properly and performs well. Otherwise the information gathered by this unit would not hold up in a court of law and thus is of no use to me. Please advise as I am standing by to assist.
Thanks in advance Simon0
My bust correction on the firmware ver I was copying from an old document. the firmware ver I currently have is Ver M3AA00.660.307.190831.01
I experienced the same issues for my V3 clock time unstable delayed 4hrs0
My V3 displays the correct time , but the year changes every time it is turned off and back on.0
John try to update you firmware, https://www.rexingusa.com/support/firmware/rexing-v3-firmware/0
Same issue, +5 hours change everyday regardless of setting. This is not good, poor service.-1
Update your firmware0
Please sign in to leave a comment.